Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Testing Responsiveness

Since my analytics data is telling me I've got a decent amount of users using mobile devices viewing my site, a high priority of mine has been responsive design.  Unfortunately, I don't have access to the variety of devices that would represent that of my users.  So, here's how I've been testing things:
  • Google Chrome has a great tool set for mimicking devices and their dimensions.  Simply open the developer tools (right click and select Inspect Element) , and click the little tool/gear button in the bottom right.  In the Overrides section you can select from a number of devices and swap dimensions.
  • Matt Kersley has a pretty sweet tool @ http://mattkersley.com/responsive/. It's also available on GitHub.  Basically, you enter a URL and the tool will show you what that page will most likely look like in a variety of devices.  The Responsinator is also worth checking out.
I've made a handful of tweaks to http://itstiredinhere.com, specifically the web accessibility page, and in no time with these tools have decent results.

1 comment :

  1. Citizen EcoDrive Titanium Watch - ITanium-Arts
    In this black titanium wedding band review we tell babylisspro nano titanium hair dryer you the best parts of the watch and the titanium mug most important aspects titanium anodizing of this unique watch. The watch is equipped with titanium chords 40

    ReplyDelete